From Keith Kanneg (game producer)
Our end of year update has new activities, new storyline, and many improvements to SWTOR. Here’s an overview of some of the key highlights included with Game Update 5.10:
- New Storyline based on the old rivalry between Sith and Jedi
- Multiplayer gameplay content including a new Daily Area and Master Mode Gods from the Machine Operation
- Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials
- Guild Improvements:
- System Improvements:
- Progression System – A new progression system that allows active guilds to customize and improve their experience the more they play
- Heraldry – Personalize your Guild
- PVP Challenge System – Create custom warzone, arena, and Galactic Starfighter skirmish matches and track your record against other guilds
- Conquest improvements – supporting the new guild features
- Management/Communication Improvements:
- Inspect Tool – Potential members can review guild profile and information
- Logging – logs and displays a wide variety of guild member activity
- Member Mail – Easy way to send a message to the whole guild
- Member Ban by Legacy –Allows removal of members based on their Legacy
- Increased Rank Cap –The number of guild ranks will be increased
- System Improvements:
- Companions Return
- Doc – Jedi Knights will be able to reunite with the galaxy’s most lovable, charming, roguish, brilliant, skilled, and–above all—a handsome doctor. (Doc actually wrote this intro himself)
- Nadia – Jedi Consulars will be rejoined by their former Padawan, who has grown into a skilled Jedi Knight in her own right.
- Jaesa – Sith Warriors will be able to reunite with Jaesa provided they turned her to the dark side in her original storyline. We’re still tracking down light-side Jaesa and we’ll let you know if we can convince her to return!
As you’ve read over the past few months, particularly on the forums, we really do want to discuss game changes with you. We are listening and take your comments very seriously. For example, the addition of the apartment-style Overlook in the Rishi Stronghold was directly an outcome of your PTS input! We will be communicating many of the improvements planned for this Fall and will have an open dialog about what to expect. Without spoiling the storyline, we plan to make gameplay features and changes available on the PTS, so we can make adjustments prior to the launch of Game Update 5.10.
We’d also love meeting you in person, so join us at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago next April 2019. Stay tuned for more details on our Chicago Cantina event!